[TowerTalk] OT:Satellite Internet - Results

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 09:16:13 PDT 2010

Well i sort of expected these results .... the general consensus is as follows:

Hughes is bad
Hughes is good
WildBlue is bad
WildBlue is good

There was some encouraging comments regarding using Cell based internet ,
especially when it came to latencies. Virgin Mobile has a new device which shows
some promise also , I will be looking into getting and outside cell antenna and
possibly an amplifier , I have been in contact with a local wireless ISP who is
going to take a look this weekend and see if they can help me (and my neighbors)
out.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Dan N8DCJ