[TowerTalk] cable locating

Joseph or Ruth Patrick hdmc38 at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 30 12:05:27 PDT 2010

I think the point here is most everywhere has an underground locate service. You
call them up before you dig, They come out locate the lines and give you a
number or receipt that proves you called first.If the guy won't locate or mark
where you want complain until he does his job.I've had all utilities come on
private property and locate. You think there stuff does not run under private
property? Think again.You really don't know whats down there until you get
there.I had my operator sit in the machine for 2 days because the person that
was responsible to set up the locate did not do there job. Rip up a fiber optic
line that serves the hospital 2 blocks down, or how about an 8" gas line. Ask
Con ED if they know where all there high pressure steam lines are. They
don't.Your lucky if they can find the right valve to shut it down. The point is
if you rip out somonelses stuff you have to pay to fix it. You think my boss was
mad for letting that operator sit there 2 days? you bet he was. Until the the
next morning about 8:30 AM another operator ripped out a 6" gas line and OOPS
they forgot to call for a locate.We all went to the bar and got paid.Just call
and CYA is all you have to do.
 73 K4XZ Joe Patrick