[TowerTalk] HDX-555 relay settings

Doug Rehman doug at k4ac.com
Mon Aug 30 13:35:45 PDT 2010

Ed:

The other thing to check is the cut-off switches. The typical wiring calls
for the cut-off switch to be normally closed; when it is contacted by the
tower, it opens and shuts off the power to the motor.

If the tower is not against either stop/cut-off switch (in other words, it's
not all the way extended or all the way retracted) and the motor won't
operate in either direction, it's not likely the delay relays.

One suggestion that applies to any crank-up is to park it at different
heights so that the same spots of wire rope aren't constantly on the
sheaves. IOW, don't always leave it all the way to the bottom stop or the
top stop.

Doug
K4AC
(Running for ARRL Southeastern Division Director- please check out my
website at www.k4ac.com)