[TowerTalk] Divining rods

Mickey Baker fishflorida at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:54:28 PDT 2010

No matter the claims of many logical thinking, well meaning people on
this list, there has evidently never ever been any scientific evidence
that this works. Sorry, I suspect the physicists here aren't going to
be much help. Known science doesn't explain everything.

For more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowsing

73,
Mickey

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Bob Good <k4bg at planters.net> wrote:
> Gents,  I too am a bit of a skeptic BUT last month in my front yard the contractor burying Fiber showed up to mark existing lines.  I was totally taken back when he breaks out two steel rods to locate my pvc water line.  He chose this method over anything technical.  The rods swung and he pointed to the spot on the ground and the spade hit its mark about 10 inches down, the water line.  Had I not witnessed this I would have put it in the category of the moon phases determining how much dirt it takes to refill a hole.  Okay, it's been around for ages.  Now why doesn't someone tell us how it works?  Is this another area 51?  Physics profs, Please step up to the plate.  It's your turn, yes?  Bob K4BG

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve
me, and I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.