[TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns

Hector Garcia XE2K j_hector_garcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 1 19:12:50 PST 2010

Daniel

Choke  balun at each Feeded LOOP is needed,  ferrite over the coax  like k9yc recommend,  what you will need  is the real impedance of each band,
in my case my quad only need a transformer in 12m (is near 100 ohms), the others bands runs  direct to 50 ohms with swr  low ,  only 17m is 1.5 :1 minimum has is now.

Check your  antenna model and you will see if you need a 1:2 balun  Gamma or 75 ohms 1/4w line

here a few ideas of a good model,  get access and read

http://www.cebik.com/content/a10/quad/quad4.html

J. Hector Garcia XE2K / WT6J

   Mexicali B.C  DM22fp

P.O.Box 73