[TowerTalk] Using Stubs to Reject Harmonics

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Feb 2 16:48:44 PST 2010

> 1/4 wavelength at the second harmonic is only 1/8 wavelength at
> the  operating frequency. If you make the connection 1/4 wavelength
> away at the operating frequency, the described transformation does
> not happen at the second harmonic.

Which is why W2VJN's stub cookbook shows some interesting behavior
with 1/8 wave connecting lines <G>.  Without getting the book off
the shelf, I believe he was using 1/8 wave between the amplifier
and first stub and 1/8 wave between first and second stubs in some
cases to optimize 2nd harmonic rejection.

1/16 wave would be another interesting connecting length if the
4th harmonic were the bigger problem ... the combinations are
endless <G>.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV