[TowerTalk] Feeding a Delta Loop

Courtney Judd K4WI k4wi at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 3 12:48:48 PST 2010

Stu I tried just to reply to you but everything I tried ended up here....
but here is my experience... I have a full wave delta loop for 160 hung off
at the 90 ft level of one of my towers.. sort of a tri-angle with the long
side at the bottom about 8 ft off the ground. The whole antenna is tilted
about 20 degrees from vertical and I feed it at the near low corner with a
4:1 balun... works like a killer and has great bandwidth. Bandwidth is about
100 kHz for 2 to 1 points and works great for transmit DX but not the best
receive antenna in the world. My 2 cents... Cort K4WI