[TowerTalk] Coax Loss -- RG-Numbers Don't Tell us Much

Michael Goins wmgoins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:13:46 PST 2010

Good information, but I need some suggestions.

I will have a run of about 100 feet station to to the tower and then
up 75 or so feet. I operate at 1 watt much of the time and need
suggestions regarding coax and some possibility of economy. Will be
feeding a 2-el quad via a remote switch, and will also be feeding
(independently, seperate runs) a gain vertical for 2 meters and also a
commercial vertical for 30/40.

What would be relatively cost-effective? Does 75 ohm cable end make
sense? LMR? I do have to cross a road (on our property) so it will
likely run overhead (the ground is rock - all rock).

Michael Goins, k5wmg
Pipe Creek, Texas
former editor, qrp quarterly
Fast cars, slow boats, big dogs, and summers off to write