[TowerTalk] Coax Loss -- RG-Numbers Don't Tell us Much

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 4 20:19:57 PST 2010

For what it is worth a number of years ago I found that the measured loss of various forms of new Belden cable at 440 Mhz was noticeably less (maybe 20 % or so if memory serves ?) than the published spec.

I carried out the tests a number of times using different equipment and got similar results each time.   The equimpent used to measure the power levels ranged from typical ham watt meters, bird 43 meters and spectrum analyzers and service monitors.