[TowerTalk] Rohn 65G bolt flange plate question

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:40:44 PST 2010

Clay.

 I have a Rohn 65 tower (150') The section mounting plates are as specified in the Rohn drawings C630665Rh 1973.   It has three revisions 78/80/82 none were for mounting plate dimension change.

 the flanges are 5/8 thick 4 1/2 sq. with the 4  5/8 holes  1 1/2"  off center line +   3" sq. bolt pattern.

 I have seen bearing plate made from 1/2 aluminum or modified  plate steel beacon  plate.

I modified a 65 TG  10' tapered base section as the top section

YMMV

 Wayne W3EA