[TowerTalk] N Connectors

Mike Besemer (WM4B) mwbesemer at cox.net
Tue Feb 9 18:24:51 PST 2010

Roger,

Are you saying you've had crimp N-connectors go bad from running them at
1500 watts on HF?  If so, I'm amazed.  When I was in the Air Force, we ran
them at much higher power than that well into the GHz range and NEVER had an
issue.

Of course, they were MILSPEC connectors crimped with a MILSPEC crimper on
MILSPEC cable feeding MILSPEC antennas.  Perhaps you really DO get what you
pay for!

73,

Mike
WM4B