[TowerTalk] beads for keyboard or microfone cable

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Feb 10 08:49:57 PST 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:28:06 -0200, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:

>I want something to solve some interferences when other friends bring
>radio/amps to my station when we do a muti single contest.

OK. That's a VERY good idea.

I suggest that you concentrate on three parts and buy as many as you can
afford. The more you buy, the lower the cost. You want the #31 2.4-inch
toroid, the #31 "big clamp-on", and the #31 that fits RG8. The first two
parts are most useful for winding coaxial chokes, and also for RFI chokes on
bigger cables in hi-fi systems, computer systems, power cords, in your shack,
etc. The RG8-sized cores are most useful for smaller cables, like "wall
wart" power supplies, headphone cables, mic cables, etc.

One VERY important caution. Ferrite parts are heavy, and they are quite
brittle. It is very easy to break them of they are not very carefully packed.
The best way to ship them is in the original factory boxes packed at the
Fair-Rite factory. The 2.4-inch toroids come packed 100 to the box. The "big
clamp-ons" are 36 to a box. I don't remember about the RG8-sized parts.

73,

Jim K9YC