[TowerTalk] N's, Ctr Pins PL259, LMR 600 Con's-DAVIS RF

Stephen Davis sdavis at davisrf.com
Wed Feb 10 12:55:26 PST 2010

> Dan, Perry, Jim, et al,

   We have plenty of the two piece, EZ on , N types.  Many hams swear by them. They are real good, I only draw the line at MUF of 2 GHz for these.   Alas, I just figured out they were skipped in the frequent reformat  on our web site.  Will send you pricing and info directly to you.
    We always have any/all RF connectors , wire and cable..on infreq't when we out of stock, we can get fill in stock faster or as fast as any supplier.

   Issue brought up about fitting PL 259's on ctr cond. of LMR 400 or Bury- Flex Tm (tm of Davis RF, the designer):
   I used a 9.5 AWG, 19 strand (vs. 7 strand for LMR 400) on Bury Flex to gain more flexibility and to offset the slightly higher attenuation of increased stranding.  At HF, snipping a strand (one strand is doable, but easier to cut 2 strands) is fine electrically.  Or, you can bore out the center pin of the connector using a # 36 bit (.1065) or better yet, 7/64" (.1094"), so you obtain .108" nom ID in the pin. Use a drill press if at all possible.   If you don't want to do either of these, you can spend not much more for our Amphenol PL 259 and you'll be all set.

   Ref LMR 600 connectors, Strippers, tools:  For any size LMR's, we have excellent pricing on quality parts/tools, to include both TImes products and lesser cost alternatives.

Hope this helps.  Any questions, feel free to ask, on TT here if appropriate/helpful to others,  or send directly to me.

    73,  Steve   K1PEK    DAVIS RF Co.

Please include all email history in responses until your inquiry or order is completed

Davis RF Company
Electronic Wire, Cable and Cable Design Engineering
RF Coaxial Cable Connectors and Telecom Parts
A Division of Orion Wire Company, Inc.
www.DavisRF.com

Main office, NH:   Tel:  1-800-DAVIS RF
Steve Davis, Direct line, MA Branch:  1-978-3769-1738    sdavis at DavisRF.com