[TowerTalk] Measuring Coax Loss

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Feb 11 20:00:52 PST 2010

Mike Besemer (WM4B) wrote:
> I'm aware that when the signal is at the noise floor, it's going to make a
> difference.  (Seems like a no-brainer.)  But, to the average ham with small
> antennas and small pockets, it just isn't going to matter.  Am I the ONLY
> 'average' ham here among a bunch of big guns?

Probably not, but it's highly likely in the minority.
But big guns, or little pistols, the overall idea is to do as much as
possible with what we have and to share the knowledge as to how we've
done it.  I'd certainly not call my station a "big gun", but it's most
likely not considered mediocre.  I've always been an experimenter who
tries for the most out of what I have and share how to get there.

73

Roger (K8RI)