[TowerTalk] Tower project in Houston, TX.

Brahmangou at aol.com Brahmangou at aol.com
Thu Feb 11 20:36:26 PST 2010

Good luck is right. Houston uses the Universal Building Code, a revised
version just for this one city. You have to buy the code book, then buy the
Houston addendum to the code. Should only cost a couple hundred bucks. Brown
Book Store is the only place I know of to purchase the addendum.

If I wanted to find out the ordinance, I'd buy a couple dozen Shipley's
doughnuts and show up before 7am at 3300 Main St. You can meet with  the Chief
Structural Inspector, show him the engineered drawings from the
manufacturer, a copy of your lot survey, a copy of any deed restrictions for  your
development, and see how many hoops you'll have to jump through. Most of  the
inspectors are really pretty OK guys if approached properly.

Foe your earlier question about tower height, I'd say minimum is 10' above
the tree tops. That is a lot lower than it sounds. 40 or 50 feet of tower
will  usually get you that high in most non-pine tree neighborhoods around
here.

73,
Marty AB5GU