[TowerTalk] RG-6

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Feb 14 16:51:05 PST 2010

Barrie Smith wrote:
> Well, I wish to thank all you fellows for your help with the "bum" RG-6.
>
> This cable is being used for a K9AY loop.  I used a screw-on PL-259 at the
> antenna junction box, which, after being slathered with RTV, appears to be
> working FB.
>
> At the shack end, I'm using an RCA connector (which I cannot solder to).

Put a compression fitting on that end, get an F to RCA adapter and
you're all set. No soldering at all.
As Mike suggested, catch the "Cable Guy" and he might just put on a
couple of compression fittings for you.
> The reason for the RCA connector is that I'm using a RIP-1, which uses those
> connectors.
>
> I think the easy way out would be to ditch the RIP-1 and go with a
> conventional TR relay.  That way, I can use another screw-on PL-259
Nothing wrong with the RCAs, even my old Alpha uses them for the input,
ALC, and keying line.

73

Roger (K8RI)