[TowerTalk] Thrust bearing options for HDX-689

Jim Thomson Jim.thom at telus.net
Thu Feb 18 02:55:35 PST 2010

I'd like to know how the  top thrust bearing is configured on the US Tower  HDX-689.  Specifically,  can a  2"  thrust bearing set up be swapped out for a 2  7/8"  bearing ??

I'd prefer to use a 2.875" thrust bearing  [hole size is actually  2  15/16"... or 2.9375"].   Can this be done ?   Can the  top thrust bearing plate  be swapped out  for a  different one to acomplish this ?
Or is the top bearing plate already welded on ?         I hate  2"  bearings /masts.. with a passion,  but if I'm stuck with it, that's all I can do.

I bougth a used  HDX-689, which comes  with a 2" bearing set up.   The tower has not been delivered..yet.

Tnx.......... Jim  VE7RF