[TowerTalk] wind load

Ken Kinyon w7ts at comcast.net
Thu Feb 18 10:40:47 PST 2010

Hi Charles,
I think they state it that way because the average guy wouldn't understand
what you just said. ;<)
It is my understanding that the max force would be the force generated by a
70 mph wind blowing on a 15 sq foot surface. I guess at the top of the
tower. To be picky that would vary with altitude, humidity, and barometer
pressure. Since most antenna manufacturers quote a square foot wind load for
their antennas, this give a quick and dirty method of judging if your tower
can take a particular antenna.
73,
Ken W7TS