[TowerTalk] wind load

hanslg at aol.com hanslg at aol.com
Thu Feb 18 12:31:19 PST 2010

 Just to remind you that when you start to calculate how the tower behave at various wind speeds you have to consider the surface of the rest of the tower. Yes, the force from the antenna is varying propositional to the square of the wind speed but the forces on the rest of the tower is varying the same way. You need that data too. The tower might be overloaded at 100 mph even without any additional antennas.

Hans - N2JFS