[TowerTalk] 3-Stack Tribander Issues

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Wed Feb 24 05:31:54 PST 2010

Bill: I have a two stack of OptiBeam OB16-3's at 40 and 80 feet. The
stack is superior to either individually most of the time. With more
sunspots the lower alone will shine in mid day like it did before the
decline of the last cycle. Would I do it again? In a NY minute. Would I
go higher and make a three stack? again yes if I were able to do so. I
am height restricted here...and it ain't worth fighting city hall. Oh ya
this stack and a few other antennas won an ARRL DX low power USA contest
a few years ago. That should tell you something. Location is another
factor in its favor. 73 bob de w9ge