[TowerTalk] Heights tower question

anthony k2vi at cox.net
Wed Feb 24 12:59:20 PST 2010

Hello fellow hams. Im trying to determine the most effective and least maintenance way to go about planning a tower installation. Keep in mind the tower will only hold a small 20 meter mono band and a 4 element 2 meter beam above.Total weight of both maybe 44 pounds.The hazer looks great but to many moving parts and maintenance same with a telescopic tower. Im looking for something i would not have to climb. I discovered a nice looking heights 48' free standing tower.It incorporates a 1" worm screw. I see nothing that would errode or deteriorate. Look like for the most part quite solid and permanent.Everything can be done on the ground as well as one man putting it together with no help. Any experience or advice would be apreciated.
tony k2vi