[TowerTalk] RFC400

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Feb 25 17:30:47 PST 2010

Kurt Cathcart, KR2C wrote:
> Does anybody have any opinions on RFC400.  It's touted as an equivalent to LMR400.

I've used the CNT or Andrews equivelant, but never the RFC400.  I'm
always a bit leery of "equivalent" cables until some one actually tests
them. By that I mean tested when new and periodically for some time
after that.  I've never had a bad piece of LMR cable although I've found
the the UF versions to have a rather fragile jacket that does not take
well to abuse. OTOH I've heard others complain.

73

Roger (K8RI)