[TowerTalk] Frequent crankup coax recommendation

Larry WA9VRH wa9vrh at dishmail.net
Fri Feb 26 17:09:24 PST 2010

Hi Jim,

Just curious why you will be cranking up and down nightly?

I have a US Tower HDX-555 that has been up 16 years. The first year I
cranked it down whenever
a storm was coming. Decided I bought the HD and it is pretty lightly loaded.

Triband vertical on top, 6 element 6m beam below and a TA-33 below it. If I
remember correctly all coax RG213
with a large loup 3-4 feet for all antennas. With no issues.

I have to admidt that I am not familiar with the AB1342.

I would stick with the RG213 instead of the RG8X since that would warrent an
extra connection.

Reading further I see you will be burying feedline for some distance.

Guess extra question is why the distance?

73 Larry WA9VRH