[TowerTalk] 2 elements delta loop - reflector dimensions

Jorge Diez - CX6VM cx6vm.jorge at adinet.com.uy
Sat Jan 2 13:11:28 PST 2010

Hello,

HNY for all!...

I have a delta loop for 160 mts pointing at 45 degrees (Europe). I open the
top to fit in my 110 feets tower. It´s 167 mts long (548 feets). The error
is minimal because I measure it in the ground.

I have a reflector at 31 mts (101,7 feets from the Driven element. I measure
it and seems to have 181 mts long (593,83). I did Pythagoras to measure the
triangles, so is not a very good measurement.

Yesterday night compare signals from European stations and where loud in my
sloper pointing to 0 degrees (USA) Than in the 2 el delta loop.

I know the reflector must be maybe 5% longer, so must be 175 mts (574 feets)

Maybe the problem is that the reflector is too long? (Is 8,38% longer).

If this difference is not a problem I don´t know why the sloper pointing to
USA heard better for the EU stations than the 2 elements delta loop pointing
to Europe.

If it necessary to have exactly the relector dimension, I will need to
remove it from top of the tower to measure it correctly.

Thanks!

73,

Jorge

CX6VM/CW5W