[TowerTalk] Neverseize on rohn tower legs

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Jan 4 16:00:21 PST 2010

25G that has been up for years should still come apart easily. Put it
under tension from the gin pole, then rock the section a bit and it
should lift right off.  I've never needed any kind of jack to get 25G or
45G apart in all these years.

Using never seize on tower legs is a bad idea and I believe ROHN says,
or used to say not to use any lubricant on the tower sections. It
removes the ability of the tower legs to grip the legs on the next
section, which puts all the load on the bolts and bolt holes. If there
is any play at all the tower movement will tend to elongate the bolt holes.

73

Roger (K8RI)