[TowerTalk] Temporary Guys

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Jan 7 02:46:18 PST 2010

Well, I will always remember being at the 60-foot level on my Rohn 25
(first guy set at 31 feet) and trying to wrestle the next section ito
place while the tower swayed slowly back and forth.  I weigh about 195
and it felt like it was going far enough that something might fail.  I
almost climbed down and quit right there.  I think I would compromise -
go 20 feet above the last set of permanent guys and then attach
temporaries before you go up any more.

73, Pete N4ZR
Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com