[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Tiltover ideas?

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 7 18:33:07 PST 2010

 I was fortunate to have know W3BES.. W3GM.. He developed a method to tilt over his ( Six) Rohn 25 towers at his Contest station in PA. The method is the falling derrick design.  theses towers were all 100ft except the low ten and fifteen meters. were 80 ft. The design was simple .. 4 way guying and a 50% gin pole ( derrick ) This design has been copied with great success by a number of fellow armatures over the years.  I my self have two 100' rohn lay over tower up for over 20 years.  40mtr tower @100 50' gin pole derrick Hy Gain Discovery  3 element shorty 40 19 years . .replaced last  fall with a XM240,  15 mtr tower  three 5/5/5 five element yagi HY-Gain).

    Other local who copied W3GM's design had all sorts of antenna configuration  from three  stack Christmas tree 20/15/10,   tri bander shorty 40 to full size three element 40 mtr antennas.

   Are these designs in the Rohn Bible No.. will a city give you a building permit No..  YMMV

But I have raised and lowered mine up and down many many times  over the years .  The gratification or removing your Hy-gain 3 element 40mtr antenna install a new rotor feed lines and XM240 by your self in  two days  works for me ..

Wayne W3EA