[TowerTalk] Yagi prices.. have they all gone crazy ?

Jim Thomson Jim.thom at telus.net
Thu Jan 14 05:25:06 PST 2010

Ok

I perused the F-12 site  for the 1st time in a looong time.    I'm not impressed with the new site.  Loads of errors, mistakes, omissions etc.
What's the story on the prices ???    Almost $6K    for a F-12  620340N  .  It goes on and on.
The typ ham's back yard AL  junk pile has surely  appreciated in value.   Is it just F-12 or......  M2 and everyone else ?
I knew what 90% of the prices were at F-12 a  few years back.  Has AL  skyrocketed in price lately ?  I haven't bought any tubing in a long
time, but have recently bought AL channel,  bar stock, 3/8" plate etc.. [ all 6061-T6]  and it was reasonable.  While on the subject of AL tubing,
why is  6063-T832 tubing, a lot less expensive than   6061-T6 tubing.... yet both have the same  40 ksi  yield strength rating ??
However, when you look at stuff like  2.875" OD PIPE.. [in either sched 40/80] , there is hardly any difference in price.  Most of the time,
6061-T6 PIPE is actually a bit cheaper than  6063-T832 PIPE.

later... Jim   VE7RF