[TowerTalk] coax entry

kb2m at arrl.net kb2m at arrl.net
Wed Jan 20 05:59:04 PST 2010

I'm building a new home that will have a full basement. I'm going to move my
shack into the basement and I'm looking for any ideas on how to bring in all
my antenna cable's. I have about 12 antennas total. Cable's will consist of
mostly RG-8, but two of the cables are hardline, one 1/2 inch, the other
5/8. The new house will be about 20 feet away from my tower.

 I was thinking of mounting  a grounded plate to the tower, and then attach
all of the cables. I would also mount lightning suppressers at that
location. I would then  run short 20 foot cables into the shack via a buried
conduit. What should I use for the conduit? Does mounting (and grounding)
all the antennas to the Tower make sense, or should I do this just outside
the house? Any and all input appreciated.

73 Jeff kb2m