[TowerTalk] Aluminium wanted

veblencf veblencf at hctc.com
Wed Jan 20 10:31:15 PST 2010

Robert,
I have found aluminum sheet and other such stuff at my local
scrap yard (the owner is a ham) and also at Habitat for
Humanity "Restore" outlets in my area.

My local PUD provided me with some #6 HD Copper Wire at
scrap metal prices last week. Why? Because I am a HAM and
they support local Ham Clubs. I didn't know this until I
asked if they had any scraps that I could use as radials
because I
new ham and trying to establish a Ham Shack. They smiled,
patted me on the head and proceeded to go out to the
warehouse and surprised me.

 I walked out with a fresh spool of #6 and was billed for it
this week at the afore mentioned scrap metal rate.

They indicated that "when"..not "if" the local systems go
down they realize that they will be looking to HAMs for
assistance. Nothing ventured nothing gained. GO ASK if they
have the aluminum that you need. All they can do is say
no.....or better yet....YES.

FIRST CAUTION: Please understand that this is NOT standard
policy around the country for PUD's....Just the more
understanding and Knowledgeable.

SECOND CAUTION: THIS IS A FINITE RESOURSE AND THEY ARE
SPENDING YOURS AND YOUR NEIGHBORS $$s in this effort...Thank
them profusely.
73s

Chris Veblen, KF7COB