[TowerTalk] Hustler 5BTV Problem

Jim CASSIDY jc_ki7y at q.com
Wed Jan 20 17:03:08 PST 2010

I have had a problem with SWR on a 6BTV with resonant freq being lower than expected.  A friend advised me that sometimes the lower end of the aluminum can around the trap makes a bad connection to the mast.  The aluminum is the capacitance portion of the trap and without it the tap becomes a coil only and electrically lengthens the whole antenna.
I have not tried to fix mine yet as its intended use is portable operation and I have not needed it yet.
73

Jim Cassidy

KI7Y