[TowerTalk] Recommendations for 5 band yagi and tower upgrade

Fredric Serota fserota at msn.com
Thu Jan 21 10:59:47 PST 2010

Just received approval from our zoning board to increase tower height from 40 to 65 ft according to new statute in Pennsylvania. We plan to replace our 433HD with a TX455, which I am told will swap out using the same base. However it is rated at 18 square feet and current yagi (Mosley Pro96)  is 24 square feet so I am looking for a lighter antenna. Prefer 4 elements on 20 and above and 3 elements on 40.

What do you suggest?

Any experience upgrading these towers in this way?

Fred Serota, K3BHX