[TowerTalk] Single Tower, All Band Solution ?

Gene Fuller w2lu at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jan 21 19:22:20 PST 2010

Unless you're seriously shooting for the top of the pile, hard to beat an
LP. One rotator, one feedline, no traps. Put your money into making it high
instead of making it big. Keep the load down and put a 40 m dipole ten feet
above it. Yes, you do have some compromises in gain and F/B with an LP, but
if you want to include the WARC bands, by the time you try to cram five to
seven bands on one boom you'll be stuck with a bunch of compromises, more
aluminum, probably traps, etc...... I love my 7-60 MHz LP. The only thing
that might burn out or get filled with water or bugs is the balun. I
designed mine for 200 ohms and ran some 200  ohm "open wire" (made of 1/4"
cu tubing) from the feedpoint back to the mast/balun to keep it within
reach. In use for 10 years with no problems.
Gene / W2LU