[TowerTalk] Springtime down on the antenna farm

Steve, W3AHL w3ahl at att.net
Sat Jan 23 12:07:17 PST 2010

I use Google Earth (GE) as a visual aid for many RF  programs such as Radio Mobile Deluxe and HFTA.  If you have high res imagery for your area, you can add Placemarks visually.  Otherwise you can enter your GPS coordinates in GE to add Placemarks manually, or you can import them.

Then use GE's Ruler tool to measure distances in feet or inches or whatever and establish bearings between Placemarks.  The draw in the wire antenna or turning radius of a beam using the drawing tools.

Steve, W3AHL

Message: 7