[TowerTalk] stacking logs

jim Jarvis jimjarvis at optonline.net
Sun Jan 24 11:42:12 PST 2010

OK,  I vowed not to add further to this thread.    I lied.
Curiosity has the better of me.

Where the logs are stacked horizontally, they would seem not
to be ideally spaced for vertical angle pattern,  over frequency.

The installation on the DX eng'g website...  N9IN or wherever it was... has the
logs at 44, 74 and 116 feet.   That's a 30' and 42' spacing between the pairs,
and 72' between top and bottom.    There may be some frequency dependent
relationship in this spacing, but it isn't falling out in my feeble brain.

The spacings don't work out with any of the free-space pattern spacings with which I'm familiar.
Maybe modeled over ground, there's some sense there?

In any case, if anyone is able to explain the concept,  I'd be interested to hear it.

N2EA