[TowerTalk] Anyone Have (Possibly OT)

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Jan 25 23:02:58 PST 2010

Perry - K4PWO wrote:
> If the antenna is like I think, he's looking for the white fiberglass
> "radome"
It's a simple, light weight (probably two ply) tube with some kind of
white paint. Probably epoxy.  5 years in the sun and you can't get near
one without getting covered with a white dust, at least that happens
with both the Comet and Diamond colinears.  I have two side mounted on
the 45G and one mounted just above the eves on the North side of the shop.

73

Roger (K8RI)
>  that goes over the guts of the antenna.  The fiberglass is in three
> sections with chrome threaded couplers about every 6 feet.
I believe it was Comet that used plastic couplers while Diamond used the
chrome plated ones. I have both types up here.