[TowerTalk] KH7XS station for sale

David J. Sourdis - HK1A hk1kxa at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 04:42:17 PST 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inactive_volcano#Scientific_classification_of_volcanoes

It seems that the term extinct referred to volcanos is part of the popular classification of volcanos.
Scientific classification has three: Active, Inactive and Potentially active.

Mauna Kea is loosing its juice because is moving away from the hot spot that has created the Hawaiian Islands chain with the help of the tectonic movement of the Pacific plate E-SE heading.

BTW: Fourpeaked volcano in Alaska woke up after 10.000 years of inactivity.

Some volcanos can have a span of two million years between eruptions.

Caveat reader: It is from Wikipedia...

David
HK1A
EC5KXA