[TowerTalk] Fiberglass Supplier

Kevin Normoyle knormoyle at surfnetusa.com
Thu Jan 28 22:24:17 PST 2010

Hi Dan,

I have some fiberglass poles you can have for the price of shipping,
just because I have too much crap around the house..

I had a LightningBolt Quad a while back.
it didn't last long because of a unexpected snow storm that collapsed
the too light boom (and brackets broke as a result)

But I saved the fiberglass spreaders
you can see what they look like here
http://www.qsl.net/w3df/quad2/quad.html

I also have the nice hose clamp plus plastic tubing things that
Lightning Bolt had for running wire thru for the elements (to attach to
the fiberglass)

so you would just need the boom and brackets.

They're in fine shape, and I have no plans for them (l think I used one
as a support in a tree once for a wire antenna, but it should be fine)

I'd mail them to you just for the cost of shipping. They're upsable. and
I have some right sized boxes from a hygain antenna I just unpacked so
it wouldn't be a big deal

I'm in california.

here's another page. I guess he had ice damage too
http://wb9dlc.com/Lightningbolt.htm

you can see how the boom/brackets failed for him. just like what
happened for me.

he says the max gain spreaders are thicker. I guess his failed. My
spreaders didn't fail. I just had snow not ice.
I think the spreaders are good. it was really the mast and brackets that
were too light.

It looks like he just added a thick hygain fiberglass piece at the
bracket. That's something you might think of doing to reinforce if you
use these.

-kevin
ad6z