[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fiberglass Supplier

HansLG at aol.com HansLG at aol.com
Fri Jan 29 19:30:09 PST 2010

I believe you have bamboo growing in a good part of Alabama. My son  was
living in Tuscaloosa for some time and told me you easily could find 15 '
bamboo sticks around, free to harvest.

You do have to treat them, by heating them to get them in a shape you like
them. Apparently, when you heat them up, some of the resin in the "meat"
will  come out and coat the surface. If you don't do that, the bamboo stick
may crack  along the length and become relative useless for our purposes.

Hans - N2JFS

Gene and Daniel--
Too bad Plano is so far from NE Alabama-- I have a  moderate (several
hundred
canes) grove of Timber Bamboo that has to be  thinned every spring.
Bill--W4BSG