[TowerTalk] bamboo for quad spreaders

Cal Zethmayr w4gmh at cox.net
Fri Jan 29 21:21:02 PST 2010

Back in the 60's I built a 20-15-10-6 meter 2 element quad using cane fishing poles I got from a local fish and bait place....and my boom was a 2inch aluminum pipe.

I had it up about 45 feet and it was still in good shape when I moved away from that city 5 years later. I gave it to another ham to take down and move to his QTH...and he was using it at least 5 years after that when I worked him one day on 15...then we also wkd on 20....

Now have to admit it didn't snow in Laurel Mississippi anytime during those ten years!

Cal Z
W4GMH