[TowerTalk] Heights - Universal tower

HansLG at aol.com HansLG at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 12:35:43 PST 2010

I have a used tower in my back yard. It was used as a crank-up in the past
but I have the possibilities to put it up as a fixed tower and don't need
the  maintenance problems with a crank-up. The winch was in a very
dilapidated  condition when I received it too.

I was told it was a Heights tower as the sections are 8' long. I need two
tapered sections in order to put it up the way I want it.

When I am looking in the Height's catalogue I can't find anything with the
dimensions I have in the back yard. When I look in the Universal's
catalogue I  find it though. Their 26-TAPR and 22-TAPR would do the job. Anybody
knows  anything that can help me?

Also, when I received the tower (in the back yard) I noticed that the
tapered ends of the tubes were facing down. I would prefer to have the tapered
ends up ,as any water will then drain out instead in inside the tubes. I
noticed the Universal have their tapered ends facing down. What is the
preferred  method? To me, I would like to get as little water as possible inside
the tubes.  Is there something I don't know or am not understanding?

Hans - N2JFS