[TowerTalk] Silicone gerease for coax connectors.

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Fri Jul 2 00:48:02 PDT 2010

Roger

I talking abt slopping silicone grease onto the male coax pin... B4 it gets inserted into
the mating female coax connector... that's  it.      I'm not talking abt sealing the connector
after it's tightened  form rain etc.

That being the case, what silicon grease do I use on the pin....if any ?
IF it need's XXX voltage to arc across.. what happens on RX ??

I think the info is buried on the  Andrew site....somewhere ?

As  for the RTV glop.... I bought some a while back..from the  pet store,
that's esp made  for aquarium tanks.   [reg RTV will kill the fish].  This
specially formulated glop still smells like acetic acid /vinegar...what gives ?

Jim