[TowerTalk] MFJ 259

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Mon Jul 5 16:38:50 PDT 2010

Boy, that was quick :-)  WW3S was first in line.  73
Tom W7WHY

BlankHi All

I have a defunct MFJ-259 antenna analyzer.  I was doing some tuning last
winter and I left it outside for a few days and it got wet.  Needless to
say, it doesn't work any more.  The meters are still OK and the display was
working.  The bandswitch was messed up and wouldn't turn.  I sprayed some
stuff to try and free it up, but I think it came apart inside the switch.
Probaby not worth fixing, but might be good for some parts.

I was going to try and take the board out, but had a chance to get another
one at a good price so just bought another one.

If anyone would want it for something, I'd be glad to give it away.  73
Tom W7WHY