[TowerTalk] No Tool Fast Assembly HF Beam

gdaught6 at stanford.edu gdaught6 at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 7 19:26:07 PDT 2010

Joe wrote...

> Has anyone equipped the elements of a beam with some neat quick assembly
> scheme?  I was thinking of the buttons often found in telescopic tent poles,
> or the quick and easy clamps that keep the legs of my camera tripod
> extended.

Force-12 recommends putting a pop-rivet in, but NOT popping it.  Just put it in and
hold it in place with a turn of black electrical tape.  When it comes time to
disassemble it, it goes really quickly!

The element to boom connection depends on what your antenna is.  I'm guessing that
a set of minimally tightened U-bolts would be most common.

73,

George T Daughters, K6GT
CU in the California QSO Party (CQP)
October 2-3, 2010