[TowerTalk] Request -- what is this Tribander?

Mickey Baker fishflorida at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:05:01 PDT 2010

Hi, Larry,

This might be an older Cushcraft A4.  The boom to mast construction and the
element layout fits.

My condolences to John's family. He wrote of his enjoyment of ham radio on
his qrz.com page. I didn't know him, but thanks for helping him out.

Mickey
N4MB

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Larry Banks <larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a request.  I am helping the widow of AG1V (SK), John Bubbers, find
> a ham home for his HF triband.  Unfortunately, at this time I do not know
> what the antenna is.  There are pictures on my web site at
> http://www.qsl.net/w1dyj/AG1V.htm.  It was new around 1980 and consists of
> (I believe) a 10/15/20 driven element and director, a first reflector for
> 10, and a second reflector for 15/20.
>
> If you can identify this antenna please let me know.
>
> Note that this antenna system will be professionally removed and the roof
> tower, Ham III rotator, and HF tribander will be available for pickup in
> Winchester MA.  The price is $600, which is the cost of removing it from the
> roof.
>
> 73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.