[TowerTalk] No Tool Fast Assembly HF Beam

Mickey Baker fishflorida at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 20:33:01 PDT 2010

I've given this some thought...

It looks like one might do this with a Hex Beam. It looks like an upside
down umbrella... it could fold and collapse like one of those Totes
umbrellas... only it would be about six feet tall.

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Gary "Joe" Mayfield <
gary_mayfield at hotmail.com> wrote:

> After Field Day, we always think there must be a better way to assemble /
> disassemble the tri-bander.  A couple of weeks go by and we forget about
> it,
> until next year.  This year I hope to actually do something about it.
>

> Has anyone equipped the elements of a beam with some neat quick assembly
> scheme?  I was thinking of the buttons often found in telescopic tent
> poles,
> or the quick and easy clamps that keep the legs of my camera tripod
> extended.
>

> Also how about a quick and easy way to attach the elements to the boom?
>

> I'm curious what Folks are Doing?
>

> 73,
>
> Joe kk0sd

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.