[TowerTalk] Replacement Motor for Tri-EX winch?

Mickey Baker fishflorida at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 12:05:13 PDT 2010

I'm considering the purchase of a used LM-354HD Tri-Ex tower. It has (what
appears to be) a dead, corroded winch motor. Here's a photo:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GgCAnwSD8VZdZ9ao0AxM5w?feat=directlink

The data plates on the motor and winch are unreadable. Other than this, the
tower looks good.

Does anyone have specifics on this device, such as motor specifications?
There are no limit switches (or wiring) on the tower. Has anyone retrofitted
with limit switches and (perhaps) mechanical locks?

--
Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL