[TowerTalk] LMR-900-UF

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sun Jul 18 08:22:35 PDT 2010

Apparently, the UF versions of LMR  400/600 are good for a max of 10
yrs per lmr.... if out in the sun.   I know a fellow near Las Vegas who just replaced all his
expensive, top brand, good quality  dacron rope... after just 3 x yrs.  He had a lot of it
in use, hundreds of feet.   I wonder if the new stuff will fare any better, doubt it.  He
doesn't have any UF coax outside, but if he did... I doubt he would get 10 yrs from it.

Maybe on short rotor loops, when using UF coax... is to wrap miles of 88 tape around it ..1st?
At least that would provide some UV resistance, and also abrasion resistance.

later... Jim   VE7RF