[TowerTalk] Buriable coax

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sun Jul 18 14:50:55 PDT 2010

About 15 years ago, I bought some spools of IP-8 Impervion, a Times
Microwave cable that was RG-8 impregnated with a silicone goo that was
supposed to prevent ingress of moisture and allow direct burial. I got
it from Surplus Sales of Nebraska at the time. I buried a run from my
bedroom shack out to the tower, another out to a suspended vertical
piece to the center of a dipole. I have no idea of the stuff worked, but
I have not seen increase in VSWR and the radios still get out. I wonder
if Times still makes IP-8?

73
John
K5PRO