[TowerTalk] 75ohm cable

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 19 13:54:13 PDT 2010

Lucky you!  I moved and lost my source.

You can use a coax matching section at the antenna if they are
monobanders, this works fine and you need a flexible loop anyway.  I ran
7/8" CATV hardline 350' to a 2m yagi with a very good match.  The
calculations are in most every handbook.  The transmitter mismatch
should not be a problem.  A no tune semiconductor linear may foldback
with 75 ohms but it would be a finicky one. Any PI network linear should
work fine.

This hardline also makes superb low loss broadband dipoles, using the
shield as the element and the (usually copperweld) center conductor as
the messenger wire.

The compression plumbing fittings are the cheapest way to adapt to PL's.

Grant, KZ1W